- Little millet/samai – 1 cup
- Gram dhal/kadalai paruppu – 1/2 cup
- moongdhal/pasi paruppu – 1/2 cup
- Masoor dhal – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Snake gourd/pudalangai/padwal – chopped with skin and seed – 3/4 cup
- Red chilles – 5-6
- Aniseed/sombu – 11/2 tbsp
- Big onions – chopped – 3/4 cup
- Few curry leaves,Asafoetida and ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
How to make Little Millet Snakegourd Rice Adai
- Soak samai and dhal together for two to three hours.
- Add chopped vegetables, onions, red chilies, sombu, curry leaves, asafoetida and salt to the mixer and grind it.
- Grind the dhal mixture separately.
- Mix both together and check for salt and add.
- The consistency should be thick.
- Heat a dosa pan pour the adai batter, add a little oil and cook on both sides.
- You are ready with your adai and can serve with butter smeared on it.
- Serve with a suitable side dish.