- 1/2 cup Kodo
- 1 cup water
- 1 big onion sliced
- ¼ tbsp. Garam Masala, optional
- 1 tsp ginger garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup veggies I used carrot, beans, peas
- 1 tbsp broken cashews
- 2 tsp ghee
- salt to taste
- Soak Kodo millet in water for 10-15 mins max, Drain and set aside. Heat oil + ghee in a pan – add the items listed under ‘to temper’, and give a quick saute. Then add onion, and crushed ginger-garlic.
- Saute till it’s golden then add mixed veggies(rinsed & drained). Saute for 2 mins
- Cook covered for 5 mins on low flame. Open, give a quick saute then add drained millet
- Saute for a minute. Add water, and mix it once.
- When it starts to boil – cook covered for 8-10 mins or until the water is completely absorbed. Switch off and set aside for 10 mins. Then open and fluff it up.
- Heat ghee in a pan – add cashews and fry till golden brown. Add to pulao along with coriander leaves, and mix well.
- Serve Hot