Thenai Rice (Foxtail Millet)
Have a question?
• Foxtail millet is abundant in vitamins and minerals.
• Has a low glycemic value which best suits for diabetic patients and to all age groups.
• Easy to digest and provides serotonin which keeps us in a happy mood.
• Regulates blood sugar level
• Lowering Blood Cholesterol
• Helps in Good digestion
• Good for Cardiac Health
• Proper functioning of the nervous system
• Protects Bone health and muscle health
Thenai rice (foxtail millet) is a healthy and gluten-free substitute for rice and wheat. It is a fantastic source of calcium, magnesium, B-vitamins, and other vital nutrients. It helps in maintaining good nervous health.
Foxtail millet is rich in fibre content which is essential in regulating blood sugar levels. It contains amino acids which lessen the cholesterol level by driving out the excess fat from the liver. It also helps in building strong immunity.
Nutritional values per 100 grams of thenai rice:
Energy 331 kcal
Proteins 12.3 grams
Fat 4.3 grams
Carbohydrates 60.9 grams
Crude Fibre 8 grams
Minerals 3.3 grams
Calcium 31 mg
Phosphorous 290 mg
Iron 2.8 mg