Have a question?
• Turmeric is one of the main spice used in curry.
• Contains a yellow-coloured chemical called curcumin.
• Mesmerizing taste
• Improves brain function
• Curcumin, the main ingredient in turmeric; powerful anti-inflammatory effects and strong antioxidant
• Digestive healing agent
• Strengthens gums and teeth
• Relieves arthritis symptoms
• Pain relief
Turmeric powder is made from the ground roots of the plant. Ground turmeric is an unavoidable ingredient of curry dishes. Turmeric has been used as a powerful medicine since ancient times. It is used for treating inflammatory conditions, skin diseases, wounds, digestive ailments, and liver conditions. Turmeric also has antioxidant properties and also reputed to relieve arthritis pain as well.
Turmeric consists of curcumin which possesses many health benefits. Curcumin has been proven to have strong anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps to reduce the spread of cancer and aid in destroying the cancerous cell. Studies also suggest that curcumin has protective effects against pancreatic cancer, prostate cancer, and multiple myeloma.
One tablespoon (tbsp) of turmeric powder contains:
Carbohydrates 6.31 g
Protein 0.91 g
Fibre 2.1 g
Sugar 0.3 g